1. 20 year Career as a Teacher
2. Coached Basketball, Field Hockey, Cross Country, Track and Field, Softball, and Volleyball on the Middle School Level
3. 4th District Coaches Association Distinguished Service 1998
Idaho Education Association
1. Gooding Education President (two terms)
2. Negotiator (4 Years)
3. Region 4 Council (two years)
4. Delegate Assembly (three years)
American Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
1. 1968 - elected State Secretary
2. 1997 – Top fundraiser for “Hoops for Heart”
3. 1998 – Idaho Pathfinder Award given to women from each state who provided early leadership in sporting opportunities for girls.
4. Served two terms on State Board of Directors
5. 2008 State Distinguished Service Award
|Delta Kappa Gamma Teachers Society
1. President local Chapter
2. Served on 4 State Committees (Chairman of 3)
3. 2001 – Served on Steering Committee for successful Northwest Regional Convention in Boise.
4. Selected to attend Golden Gift Leadership Training U of Texas Austin. One of 30 nationwide.
5. State President –2011-13
1. Wrote $1000 grant from Women’s Sport Foundation to establish Gooding Spring Volleyball program.
2. Nature Conservancy –Thousand Springs Festival’s volunteer coordinator 7 years. This two day fundraiser for Thousand Springs Preserve on the Snake River uses 250 volunteers and artists to raise funds to keep preserve open.
3. Gooding Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors 2 terms
1. Four terms Idaho State House of Representatives
2. Co-Chairman Idaho Legislative Sportsman Caucus
3. Member of the Natural Resources Interim Water Committee 2005-present
4. Elected to Legislative Council 2009
5. Ranking member of Agriculture Committee 2009, Natural Resources and Education Committees
6. Serving on Board of Directors for Idaho Rural Partnership which promotes rural development in Idaho.
7. Appointed Idaho Democratic member Western States Forestry Task Force.
8. Ad Hoc participant in Governor’s Sage Grouse Task Force 2012.
9. Appointed member of Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education 2012